CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 18, 2009

No Longer Desolate- Recap of Women's Fellowship at Christ Tabernacle

I've been attending Christ Tabernacle for two years and have never attended one of their women's fellowships. I finally got to go to one on Saturday and it was awesome! A great outpouring of praise, fellowship and healing happened that day.

I went with my Mom and my Titi Nilka. We arrived early to enjoy the free breakfast they were offering. Little did we know that we should have gone into the main worship hall to save seats first! But it worked out because we were able to sit in the choir seats on the platform! Best seats in the house!!!

The title of the fellowship was No Longer Desolate. The theme was healing from all types of abuse, including sexual abuse. They highlighted Isaiah 62:4 and 62:12

4 No longer will they call you Deserted,
       or name your land Desolate.
       But you will be called Hephzibah,
       and your land Beulah ;
       for the LORD will take delight in you,
       and your land will be married.
12 They will be called the Holy People,
       the Redeemed of the LORD;
       and you will be called Sought After,
       the City No Longer Desolate

There was great worship music and Oraia (a Christian spoken word artist- you can hear some of her work here) did this beautiful piece about being beautifully broken. I wish I could find it online but to summarize her spoken word she said that our scars can be used to help others like Jesus's scars have helped us, his scars gave us salvation and were left on Him as proof. I wish I could do better justice to her piece! It was powerful and gave me goosebumps and my tears were flowing. And this was just the beginning!

One of the many points that were made through a video presentation, Maria Durso and the main speaker was that abuse has long term lasting affects and affect not only the abuser but those around them for a long time. Our kids are affected even if we don't realize it. Sometimes we think we have dealt with our past but something will pop up and if we don't deal with it head we can end up hurting ourselves and others.

The healing process is one step at a time and as Maria Durso said we need to push through and heal from our pasts. Then we can start to help others.

The main speaker's story was so heartrenching but this woman's strength, courage and resiliency was inspiring. She was sexaully abused by her Uncle and by age 14 was pregnant with his kid. She had the baby after many attempt by the Uncle to rid himself of the "problem". He did not succeed and the story that unfolded was amazing. I won't go into too many details because again I won't do her story justice. But I will say this was her first time sharing her testimony in a public setting. Yet she was so natural, so raw and so honest. Her story was one of pain, sadness, joy, redemption, healing and forgiveness. Her words have impacted me in a great way. I came away with such insight and clarity.

She highlighted the following verses and I want to leave you with these powerful words from: Psalms 139: 13-16


 13 For you created my inmost being;
       you knit me together in my mother's womb.
 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
       your works are wonderful,
       I know that full well.
 15 My frame was not hidden from you
       when I was made in the secret place.
       When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
 16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
       All the days ordained for me
       were written in your book

What precious words to here!  God bless you all! The next Women's Fellowship is October 17th so if you are in the NY area and like to attend a Women's Fellowship at Christ Tabernacle keep this date in mind!

3 comments:

Ms. Latina said...

This was beautiful! It always makes me feel so blessed to be a part of HIS family! We can be truthful, without shame, amongst each other! I also attend a small church in Brooklyn that I love, and when I can't I go to the Times Sq. Church. I'll definitely keep that day in mind =) Take care and stay blessed!

Michelle said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful event. What an amazing gift you were given. God is good.

Jessie said...

Thank you both for your comments. I feel so blessed to have found CT and hope to become a member soon!

Ms. Latina, Which church do you attend in Brooklyn? I've always wanted to check out the Times Sq. Church :) I used to visit Brooklyn Tabernacle when I was a teen. That was many, many, many years ago...lol!

Frizz Forecast

Naturally Curly News

Hit Counter

FeedBurner FeedCount

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed