CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Back to School Party

Yesterday I was supposed to have some "me" time and go to this great spa in Queens I have been wanting to check out called "The NY Spa Castle" This place is multi level with all different types of saunas, pools and whirlpools. This is the description from their website:

"Your escape from the ordinary begins at SPA CASTLE, five stories high and 100,000 square feet of luxurious serenity.

SPA CASTLE is the perfect combination of traditional Asian saunas and luxurious European spas.
In consultation with overseas experts, we created numerous innovative spa and sauna systems never seen before in the United States. From invigorating massages to savory cuisine, our high-quality facilities and services are designed to promote the health and well-being of our clients."

Due to financial circumstances I had to cancel. It turned out I would have had to cancel anyway because Joey got called for training for a job! So when he got back from training I took Julia to this Back to School party I found out about on Urbanbaby.com. The party was a free event hosted by Habana Outpost and the Brooklyn Public Library. Habana Outpost is this cool eatery that is boasted as the first ecoeatery in NYC. It is located in the Fort Greene section of Brooklyn.



The party was great! Julia learned a little about recycling! They made recycled notebooks at the kid's craft table. She also got to see some honey bees in action. Of course she got her face painted too! They also had tables to sign up for your library card and to learn about recycling and composting in NYC. This was all outdoors. Inside they had a dance party set up for the kids. They had a DJ playing some cool music in the downstairs area of the eatery. The place was really cool. The downstairs was decorated like a a NYC subway car! Julia danced for awhile and I danced a few songs with her :)

I told Joey we have to go back because I want to eat there. Also on Saturday's and Sunday's until October they have an outdoor market but I will post more about that later this week in the blog trip post about shopping Brooklyn.

Julia had a blast and it was a great ending to summer vacation. Tomorrow is her first day as a 2nd grader!

Unfortunately I have no pictures from this great event because my digital camera stopped working on Sunday  :(

0 comments:

Frizz Forecast

Naturally Curly News

Hit Counter

FeedBurner FeedCount

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed