CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

I want to be a Tigger!


So last night was a night of inspirational TV for me... We watched Idol Gives Back and were very moved by the program. Then I watched Diane Sawyer's interview of Randy Pausch about his last lecture. Later that night "Nightline" did a story about this documentary called "Young At Heart" Talk about a night of messages about giving back, living your dreams and staying young at heart!

I'll start with Randy Pausch, he gave his last lecture "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams," on 9/18/07 at Carnegie Mellon University. Diane Sawyer spoke with him about his lecture and a book he wrote about it. He has Pancreatic cancer and was only given 6 months to live. So he gave a lecture at Carnegie Mellon that was very moving. You can watch it on You Tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo. I highly recommend it!

"So my next piece of advice is, you just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or and Eeyore. ... Never lose the childlike wonder. It’s just too important. It’s what drives us." Randy Pausch

That is such a powerful statement! A lot of times we get so caught up in our problems and we focus so much on the bad that we forget to live our lives. That this man can be so positive when he is facing death and leaving his family behind is so inspirational. If he can live his life to the fullest, then why can't all of us? No matter what our circumstances are we should be living our lives and fulfilling our dreams. The whole interview I kept thinking about Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Anything is possible if we put our lives in God's hands! This man was given 6 months to live and he has already lived past that time, even though he is not healed and doesn't have much longer he is still vibrant and very much in the moment. He is leaving his kids such a great legacy and I think this speaks volumes about how we should live our lives! I want to be a Tigger! I want to regain my childlike wonder :) I hope this inspires me to keep pursuing my childhood dream of writing :)

Idol Gives Back was very entertaining yet very emotional. Seeing the conditions that people live in, such poverty and sickness and yet these people had hope. Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus visited the Appalachian mountains in Kentucky and the poverty there was shocking. But the family they visited had so much hope for the future. It made me think no matter what our financial situation is we should have that same hope. God always provides! The highlight of the night for me was the end when[ the contestants sang "Shout to the Lord!" How awesome to see God glorified on one of the most popular shows on TV right now. It gave me goosebumps!

Now I come to the last thing I watched before going to bed. It was a story on Nightline about a documentary called "Young at Heart". It's about a choir of senior citizens from New England, ranging in age from 72 to 88 years old, covering rock songs! This is a quote from their website:

It is possible to age gracefully.
It is possible to grow old without growing boring.

I haven't seen the movie yet but would love to. To see them singing their hearts out with no fear and to be so young at heart is great. I hope to age like they have :) This is a link to their website http://www.youngatheartchorus.com/about.php

Check out a video of them singing "Staying Alive" on You Tube-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omIrLgQO9O0

Check out a video of them singing "I Will Survive" on You Tube-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwJJNDN-fD0

Check out a video of them singing Fix You by Coldplay on You Tube- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u6k-99qcCE

And finally here is a clip of from American Idol... Shout to the Lord!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chXEraRnE4o

Shout to The Lord


My Jesus, My Savior,

Lord, there is none like You;


All of my days

I want to praise


the wonders of Your mighty love.


My comfort, my shelter,


Tower of refuge and strength;

let every breath, all that I am

never cease to worship You.



Shout to the Lord, all the earth,

let us sing


power and majesty, praise to the King;


mountains bow down and the seas will roar

at the sound of Your name.

I sing for joy at the work of Your hands,

forever I'll love You, forever I'll stand,


nothing compares to the promise I have in You.

Powered by ScribeFire.



0 comments:

Frizz Forecast

Naturally Curly News

Hit Counter

FeedBurner FeedCount

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed