Tomorrow is Julia's Thanksgiving celebration at school. I am not the best cook in the world but we have to contribute a dish. So I am going to make some macaroni salad and some cookies in the shape of turkeys!
I found two really simple recipes for these cute cookies and wanted to share them. A non-culinary person like me could not possibly mess these up!
Oreo Cookie TurkeysThese edible Oreo cookie turkeys make a fun Thanksgiving craft idea for kids. You can even use them as place cards at the table for Thanksgiving dinner. Just write each guest's name in gel icing on the plate under his or her Oreo turkey.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 4 Oreo cookies (Double Stuff works best)
- 2 miniature peanut butter cups
- 8-10 pieces candy corn
- white gel icing
Preparation:Note: This recipe is for two Oreo cookie turkeys. But you can make as many as you like just by doubling or tripling the recipe. This recipe also makes an excellent classroom Thanksgiving craft.
- Take two Oreos apart. Place on a plate. These will be the foundation.
- Stick the other two Oreos into the icing of the Oreos on the plate, standing up on their sides. Make sure to leave room for the turkey's head.
- Place a mini peanut butter cup on its side in front of the standing Oreo for the turkey's head.
- Insert candy corn pieces, pointy side down, into the filling of the standing Oreo for the feathers.
- Use gel icing to make eyes. Break a piece of candy corn in half and use gel icing to glue the pointy part on under the eyes for the turkey's beak/mouth.