CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

My Name is Jessie...... I like to DANCE!!!!



Yo Gabba Gabba- such a silly title for a show that has become a big hit in our house.

When I first saw promos for the show, which is seen on Nick Jr., I thought it looked so weird! Funky psychedelic colors. weird creatures and 70's looking outfits! No way was I going to let my kids watch this wacked out show. But one day something said let me give it a chance. This very colorful show with all the music and dancing had Jr. fascinated! I had to play the show over and over again that day.

DJ Lance Rock says the words "Yo Gabba Gabba " and the brightly hued characters in his boom box case come alive to begi
n their adventures at the beginning of each episode. There is always a theme/lesson for each show like "Happy", "Love", or "Sleep". The characters--Brobee, Foofa, Muno, Plex, and Toodee all learn the lesson of the day through music and dance.

They have cute segments like the "Super Music Friends Show" The music is so catchy! I find myself singing songs like "I am So Happy" or saying "My Name is Jessie... I like to DANCE!!!"

Seeing the kids enjoy this show is so much fun. They dance and sing along and are just captivated by this show. I love how excited they get and
love how much they get into the music. It reminds me of when Julia was little and loved watching Laurie Berkner's videos on Noggin. That gives me a flashback to the Victor Vito and Freddie Vasco days!

It also reminds me of the shows I grew up with like the Electric Company, The Magic Garden, Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street! Great shows with great music and wholesome messages!












Powered by ScribeFire.

0 comments:

Frizz Forecast

Naturally Curly News

Hit Counter

FeedBurner FeedCount

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed